Thursday, June 23, 2005

Diaries of a loan shark

It’s really weird you know. For weeks I have been doing the annual returns of financial institutes (there are LOADS of them), then one day I’m some scalp hunting loan shark, calling up all the banks and querying them about why such and such a number looks so suspicious.

And the reaction I get is rather interesting. I can detect that little bit of irritation (more so in some) at everything question. Most people are polite or at least civil, but there’s that ‘I don’t want to hear another one please!’ tone in their voices. That’s why I usually state up front where I’m from, that way, at least they know I’m representing SOMEBODY. Oh well, bet they’d all flip when they find out it’s actually just a temp calling them up.

In anycase, the matter of the torture this is pretty much settled now. Thank goodness. Though I think it might have changed me a slight bit, the whole scenario I mean.
Shan’t elaborate but even though it’s behind me the after effects still linger on in my head. Although, everyone was rather surprised that I had it in me, maybe I am slightly insane, anyone know how to find out?

They just announced D&D a few days ago and distributed teasers for the lucky draw yesterday. Typical cock-up when they posed part one of the quiz wrongly, named wrong couple form wrong Amazing race. Anyhow, kindly enlightened them, darn should have left my name maybe they’d give me one of the iPods up for grabs. Have resolved not to buy iPod/mp3 player, shall only win one.

Short sharing (haven’t done so in AGES).
Reference: parable of the sower, Matthew 13 : 1-9 part one of the kingdom parables, describing the kingdom of heaven.
Misnomer really considering that it’s talking more about the seeds than anything.
However, after reading this passage, strangely I came up with 3 different pov.

1. it could be about pre-election by God. Where He is the sower, and that the seeds he scatters are his word. Some will listen while others may not. But generally I don’t think this one really stands.

2. It could refer to the word being the seed and that we are the soil. Which soil type are we? Thorny and full of weeds, too caught up with the affairs of the world that they choke up our need for God (verse 7). Or like the rock hard ground and picked off my birds before anything can happen, are we un open to the word? (verse 4) what is our heart? Are we receptive? Can we be like the good soil (verse 8) and bear fruit?

3. Finally, I think it could refer to us as the sower, that we are the ones to sow the word in the lives of others. While some may fall on unfavourable ground, it is still our duty to scatter the seeds (verse 3). Where they Land God decides but we can rest assured there where the soil is good, fruit will be borne. And in the final verse, it is a call for us to preach. For ‘He who has ears, let him hear’ Is not a call to listen to him, but a call for us to ensure that all who can hear, receive the good news.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home