Friday, May 21, 2004

counting down.

WOO HOO!!!!!! i forgot to log this before but woo hoo!!!!!! LESS THAN ONE YEAR TO ORD!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREEDOM IS SO CLOSE I COULD JUST SMELL IT! TASTE IT! FEEL IT! SNIFF SNIFF oooh it's like chasing the dragon, EXHILIRATING.

Yes okay so yah. That's the happiness in a week marked by close calls, sad days and absolutely lousy work.

other than that. well...... yah. Went to see the doctor regarding my arm and my hip, he's sending me for physio. HOpefully that will help. REally, my body is really breaking down. Maybe it's like yesterday's analogy. y body is breaking down.

f
a
l
l
i
n
g

I started to walk to wards the tree. The lone one just standing at there on the knoll. It wasn't very tall, it wasn't very wide but it was a very nice tree. It's grey bark was smooth totally unlike it's knobbly exterior.

As i waded through the sea of grass, i heard rustling behind me. Could have been her but the wind was blowing and i was too concerned with not walking into any potholes to turn around and look.

I realised only when i reached the foot of the tree that she had caught up with me. Okay i hadn't realised, i was actually startled. i had turned around to see where i had come from and she was standing just behind me! I "jumped" and she started having hysterics.

"i thought you knew"
"i thought it was the wind!"
"don't suppose you mind sharing the afternoon as well." She was smiling so much i just smiled back.
I sat down back against the tree looking at the intensely blue sky. I would see that sky but under far different circumstances.

It looked very much like a blue piece of paper, not cloth but paper, flat, smooth, taut, stretched over the cosmos. The breeze was warm but still pleasant. The sun was shining in but not right at my eyes.

She was standing infront of me. her image silhouetted against the sky. A slight corona had formed around her, as she lifted her hand to shield her eyes.

" find anything out of the ordinary?" I finally spoke.
" this is all very out of the ordinary!" " nothing is ordinary, even if it were all the same, everything is still different. Every blade of grass sways in the wind, but not with the wind"
"you wouldn't be looking if you thought it was ordinary"

"Actually it is precisely that everything is so, well, ordinary. Nothing is that ordinary around me anymore. I like the, constant of this place."

" well either way, we both enjoy it at least. would be totally disastrous if you and i were stuck on this island and we didn't appreciate this."

Only then did it dawn on me that we were on an island. surrounded by the swirling grass, this little knoll was like an island and we were marooned on it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home