Sunday, May 23, 2004

the cloud floated away

so the day would come and go.

Two strangers sitting on a knoll doing absolutely nothing. Very much like charlie brown or calvin and hobbes, spending their summer holidays.

The sun was setting. The sky was now a mess of hues. The borderless colours spreading and blending; everchainging.

For almost eternity, out cloud had stayed still. But as the surroundings started to darken, i could vaguely here a horn in the distance.

As if on cue the cloud started to move and suddenly there were other clouds coming out from the horizon.

She got up.

"It was really nice this afternoon. The cloud's moved now."

I wouldn have looked up but i just stared at the orb that was sinking in the distance.

"Be back soon"

She didn't answer.

Her hair had begun to blend in with the fiery sky as did her tee which was now dyed a dark maroon.

She walked off just in front of me, turned around. Smiled.
I smiled back, was about to raise my hand to wave, but she had already turned around and was soon lost to me.

I sat there till sun would bid me no longer and then i too deserted the island.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home